Warm up your visitors with this easy mulled wine recipe…
- 1 ltr dry red wine
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 dessertspoon whole cloves
- 1 dessertspoon whole allspice
- 1 large piece orange rind
- 1 large piece lemon rind
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- In a saucepan, combine the red wine, cinnamon, cloves, allspice, lemon rind and orange rind over a medium heat. Heat gently – don’t bring to the boil! Stir in the sugar gradually, until your mulled wine is the sweetness you want.
- Keep hot on medium to low heat for 20 minutes to let the flavours infuse the wine. Serve your mulled wine hot in glasses or mugs. Brennan Catering Supplies have just the glass you need – suitable for mulled wine or Irish coffee!